Introducing the Hamden Economic Development Corporation (HEDC)
The Corporation was formed as part of Hamden’s long-range Economic Development Plan and is focused on redevelopment of contaminated or underperforming properties. The Board of Directors is comprised of eleven (11) members, including business, banking, utility and institutional partners.
The Corporation’s many goals include but are not limited to:
- To locate, acquire, buy, sell, exchange, barter, own, hold in trust, mortgage, convey, transfer, pledge, sell, lease, manage, improve and otherwise handle real estate and individual sites in the Town and to make contracts for, to remediate, repair, improve, build, erect and construct buildings to promote opportunities for small businesses and to maintain the operations of the Corporation. The Corporation will be able to take title of contaminated property and/or be empowered under State statutes (i.e. CGS 130 and 132) to serve as the Implementing Agency for State or federal programs, if the Town so chooses.
- To engage in planning for and promoting the establishment and expansion of diversified industries in the Town of Hamden. To compile and disseminate commercial and economic information and promotional material designed to induce commercial enterprises to locate in the Town. The Corporation may sponsor and produce planning studies.
- To promote Workforce Strategies for the Town by relieving unemployment and by creating employment therein, by increasing the flow of wages and income into the channels of trade and commerce within the Town. For example, the Corporation may commission or sponsor job training programs.
- To offer such business incentives as may encourage an influx of new commercial enterprises into the Town.
- To raise funds by borrowing, by subscription, by gift or other lawful means from individuals, local governmental bodies, corporations, associations or organizations and to administer and invest such funds solely to further the purposes and objectives of the Corporation.
- To work with such municipal, public, regional, private or quasi-public entities and organizations as the Corporation deems necessary and appropriate to directly or indirectly benefit the economic climate of the Town.
For more information on the Hamden Economic Development Corporation, please contact Dale Kroop at (203) 287-7033 or email@example.com. Also please check out our Facebook page for up to date information on HEDC.
400 Goodrich Street / 55 Daisy Street Redevelopment Project Remediation Completed
Revised 2013 Speaker Series
| | Share